MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Access 2000 upsizing 2 mysql
Posted by: Kevin Barlow
Date: May 18, 2006 02:50AM

ok, I'm trying to upload our access tables to mysql and having a few problems...
First I should point out that we've pushed the limits of what access can deal with... Our database is currently 2gb and growing... the access tables are in seperate MDB files and the front end points to them...

Most of the tables upload fine (right click on the table, export, ODBC.... ect), however some tables come back with 'overflow error'. Aparently this is being caused by some sort of corruption in the table that ms access repair can't detect???? The migration tool kit also has problems...

So to get around this I've been exporting the data as CSV files (nice large txt files) and then importing them in PHPmyadmin however this has it's own problem....
The date and time in mysql is american... as such todays date gets imported as 2018-05-06 which is clearly wrong.... how do I change the format of DATETIME to DD-MM-YYYY?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks

Kev

Custom linux install (see linuxfromscratch.org)
mysql - 4.1.12
phpmyadmin - 2.8.0.3
PHP - 5.0.4
Kernel - 2.6.16.11
Number of tables - 79

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Access 2000 upsizing 2 mysql
May 18, 2006 02:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.