MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Re: Migration from MS ACCESS MDB and Frontend
Posted by: Sebastien Caisse
Date: June 05, 2006 11:25AM

The relationships aren't exposed to MS Access. They (might) exist on the server but you don't see them. You can re-create them though (I did for my DB project). This is an ODBC driver issue (though I never really tested other DB solution which support exposing relationships to Access...) It should hopefully eventually be fixed, though don't hold your breath about that. 20 tables isn't THAT big so doing them manually shouldn't be too much trouble... Just make sure they do exist on the server side (which according to your lack of slowdowns probably means that they were indeed ported).

I don't really get the comment about data integrity (well, other then Access didn't corrupt anything like it hapenned to me) since his comment seems to be more applicable to the queries (used in the interface) then the actual data...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Migration from MS ACCESS MDB and Frontend
June 05, 2006 11:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.