MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Microsoft Access

Setting primary key fields to not accept 'Null' values
Posted by: Fons Verbeek
Date: May 29, 2006 09:38AM

I am working on an information system with MS Access (2003) as front-end and MySQL (5.021) as back-end. Tables link good via the ODBC connector and data can be inserted, updated and deleted. The problem which has been bothering me for some time now is that I cannot set the primary key field to not except ‘Null’ values.
Both in the table view and in the form I created the table will except ‘Null’ values for primary key fields, even though in the table design view in Access I can see that the ‘Required’ property indicates ‘Yes’.
The ‘Allow zero length’ property on the other hand also indicates ‘Yes’, but none of these are changeable from within MS Access.
I’ve tried to set validation rules (Is Not Null) but this doesn’t help either.
The MySQL Administrator tool indicates that the field has the 'Not Null' property.

Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is and how to fix it or work around it?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Setting primary key fields to not accept 'Null' values
May 29, 2006 09:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.