MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

database backup questions - urgent
Posted by: Alex Swift
Date: March 26, 2007 01:45AM

Hello all, I'm running a homeserver with IIS7 and I reverting back to XP os... I have been having alot of issues with vista not working right and being incredibly sluggish. That or plain just not working. Anyways... I need to back up my database.. since I JUST! rebuilt my website. Last time I just deleted and started anew this time I want to save it. I have ample space in other harddrives but as of now the Database is on the same hdd as my OS. I need a simple way for me to transfer the database to another hdd while I reformat.

I tried using the MYSQLDUMP procedure but everytime i tried i got a syntax error. I had entered the code exactly as shown on the mysql website.
I have also tried using the MYSQL MIGRATION TOOLKIT but (for me) it worked like crap. no offense. So i'd like to stay away from that. specially seeing as how it wouldn't work for my situation.

plz any help is greatly appreciated.... thanks
~/|G3NT42

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
database backup questions - urgent
March 26, 2007 01:45AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.