MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Copying database from Windows 2003 server to Unix server
Posted by: Richard Mossman
Date: May 31, 2007 05:10PM

Recently, I moved my Production server from an old HP-UX 11.11 server to a Windows Server 2003 machine. In both cases, I'm using MySQL 5.0.37.

As a test (since we hadn't yet brought up the new server) and "just for grins", I tried moving the .MYD, .MYI, and .frm files by binary ftp from the HP to the Windows machines. It worked fine. I also did a mysqldump on the HP and moved the file to the Windows server. The import worked fine and the db was fine.

Now, as an emergency fallback plan, I need to make sure I can move back from the Windows server to the unix server if necessary. But, if I ftp the individual tables, the first table is accessible by mysqladmin, but none of the others appear in the "catalog". The log file says the .frm file for each of the other tables is corrupt.

The mysqldump file doesn't work either because it quits with an "unexpected (" message.

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Copying database from Windows 2003 server to Unix server
May 31, 2007 05:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.