MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Problem loading dump file
Posted by: Francis Phonapoly
Date: August 12, 2008 10:52AM

Hello all,
I'm having difficulty loading a dump file. I receive a 1044 or 1045 error depending on my exact syntax. I am dumping from one server and loading to another. I have tried pipeing the dump to the new server as well as dumping to a file and trying to then load that file on the new server. I am able to log in on the new server and manually create, edit and drop tables, but not to load the dump file. I've done a lot of digging and have come up empty on why this might be. Below is a sample of my action and the response I receive:

shellPrompt$ mysql -umyuser -pmypass myDB < MyDumpFile.sql
ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 52: Access denied for user 'myuser'@'localhost' to database 'myDB'

## Another attempt specifing the host
shellPrompt$ mysql -hmyHost.mySite.com -umyuser -pmypass myDB < MyDumpFile.sql
ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 52: Access denied for user 'myuser'@'%' to database 'myDB'

I've tried other variations as well including --password=mypass etc. Again, I have privileges to log into this host and do what every I want manually, but I get this error message when trying to load the dump file. Also, I have given the dumpfile full permissions for all users, but as the error states, its a problem with accessing the database. Is there a lock issue somewhere or ??? Please point me in the right direction! I've checked and re-checked and then checked my syntax some more and it looks right to me.

also, line 52 of the dump file is a lock command:
LOCK TABLES `my_Table` WRITE;
Perhaps I don't have permission to lock tables????

Thank you very much for helping me out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 10:55AM by Francis Phonapoly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problem loading dump file
August 12, 2008 10:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.