MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Copying .frm files directly
Posted by: Isaac Seymour
Date: September 16, 2008 12:26PM

Be warned: I have been a bit of a fool!!

My computer has been shipped back to it's manufacturer for repairs, so I can't just re-get the mysql databases here, but this is what I did (in my foolishness) to back up my MySQL DBs - I just made a copy of all the .opts and .frms (with all the folder structure).

To put this back into MySQL, I have created the databases using phpMyAdmin (which creates the folder structure in that install's data folder), and then copied the .frms into the appropriate folder for the right DB.

The thing is, MySQL/phpMyAdmin now can half-see them. It knows that there are tables there to get the COUNT of for the display, but when the "SELECT COUNT(*) ..." query just fails with the error "#1033: Incorrect information in file: './x/y.frm' does not exist".

If I go in with Query Browser, it again can see that the table is there (it displays it in the tree menu), but if I try running "SELECT * FROM `x.y`" it just returns the same error.

I copyed the ibdata1, ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files too.

Does anyone know how to get me out of this mess?

A quick Google reveals that there is another post on this subject http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?79,59511,59511, but the problem there is tha the files are empty; my files are all exactly 12KB!

Thanks!!

Isaac

PS. I was on Windows Vista, but am now on Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Copying .frm files directly
September 16, 2008 12:26PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.