MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Linking MySQL Tables to another Database for continual updating
Posted by: matt mcanell
Date: April 20, 2005 11:35AM

Hello all.

I have a Providex database that has a ODBC driver and I can import tables or queries into excel fine. The problem is I have to MANUALLY refresh the excel file DAILY so that the end of day report items are updated from the database into the excel sheet.

What I would like to do is link the necessary tables in Providex to a MySQL table and then run the queries on the MySQL table. In doing so, I would need the MySQL table to constantly refresh with the Providex database or at least make it where I could refresh it periodically throughout the day.

I know that it is possible to link tables in Access to automatically update when the source is changed, is there some of the same functionality in MySQL? I really don't have any experience with MySQL but have some experience with SQL queries from Microsoft Query and ASP webpages. Any examples or webpages that may outline the process would be great as well!

thanks.

mattmc

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Linking MySQL Tables to another Database for continual updating
April 20, 2005 11:35AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.