MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

MySQL Windows to Linux Migration issue
Posted by: ad ade
Date: September 22, 2009 02:51PM

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to setup a new infrastructure for Apache/PHP/MYSQL, all currently are Windows Server and I am migrating to CentOS in a load balancer enviroment. Everything works however, I am having an annoying problem which I am fighting for few hours now. When I migrate a database over from the Windows server to the Linux Server I am getting bad characters. I have tried character sets and collation on the database but dint help.

below is an example:

it's (On the old server)

It�s (on the new server)

I have tried mysqldump ----default-character-set=latin1 and then imported the the database but I got the following results.

The solution i tried was from this link http://www.orthogonalthought.com/blog/index.php/2007/05/mysql-database-migration-and-special-characters/

it?s (it changes an apostrophy tp a question mark?)

I am running out of ideas because I have also tried copying raw files from server tp server and still the same issue.

Does anyyone what is cusing this character change, i know that defaults backups are UTF8 and i tried changing them using the --default-character-set switch.

Do i need to change my character set global parameter?

FYI these are joomla websites, if that makes any difference. Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Adel

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Windows to Linux Migration issue
September 22, 2009 02:51PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.