MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

CSV into MySQL with 1 additional field
Posted by: Jon Mayer
Date: August 04, 2010 07:03PM

I can import CSV data into my database but I want to add an additional varchar field at the end of the database which would always default at 'y' . The database would update itself everyday (which I need to figure out how to do) by importing from this text file and a user can login to their account on the website and choose if that line of data is displayed (defaults at y but if they want they could change it to n with a radio button) or not and when it updates it would not duplicate the data and the field so it doesn't change the setting from 'n' back to 'y' if a user changes it.

The obvious error I am getting is Invalid Field Count because I have 1 extra field that I'd like to add into this database, I wanted to know how to have this additional field in my database so I have 18 fields instead of my CSV txt file of 17 fields, I am running this all through phpMyAdmin so hopefully I am in the right spot in this forum, thanks in advance for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
CSV into MySQL with 1 additional field
August 04, 2010 07:03PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.