MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Migrate database from broken 5.0 to working 5.5
Posted by: Jon F
Date: October 09, 2011 05:21PM

I have searched the forum and have been unable to locate a suitable resolution to my issue with MySQL 5.0.22 on Win 2003 Server.

My issue is that MySQL has been working for some time, then broke giving me: Error No. 2003 Can't connect to MySQL server on localhost (10061)

This error occurs with MySQL administrator as well as when using a 3rd party client package. Since I was connecting on localhost, it cannot be the firewall. All other solutions I found either did not account for something that was already running or provide enough details to fix the issue.

Upgrading to 5.5 installs correctly and can connect easily, however the databases did not migrate over. All the documentation I have found appears to be missing a step or two for someone who has not needed to use MySQL Administrator or command line client very much.

I see the database information in the old MySQL directory, but not in the 5.5. I would be happy to simply discard the old version and use 5.5, however my issue is that I cannot connect to 5.0 to make a backup to be used in 5.5.

Thanks
Jon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Migrate database from broken 5.0 to working 5.5
October 09, 2011 05:21PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.