MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Other Migration

Error 1033 after reinstallation
Posted by: Jean-Jacques MOURIS
Date: December 13, 2005 04:45PM

Hello,

I currently experience a severe problem with MySQL after reinstalling my server.

The previous installation was a SuSE Linux 9.2 with MySQL server >= 4.1.18 with a ReiserFS. All my databases were fine on this system.

Before migrating/reinstalling the whole server, I copied all my data to a DVD (/var/lib/mysql/*)

I then reinstalled the PC with OpenSuSE 10.0, and MySQL 4.1.13 with ext3 filesystem.

Finally I copied my data directories back to /var/lib/mysql . The databases are detected, I can connect to them but all the datafiles seem to be somehow corrupted:
A desc statement or a "select * from cat;" gives me the following error:

ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file: ./test/cat.frm

The mysqlcheck -A command shows that all datafiles are affected, except those of the basic mysql database which came along with the installation.

After studying some documentation, I tried mysql_fix_privilege_tables, which succeeded without complaints, but did not help.
The command mysql_fix_extensions did not complan, but did not help either.
mysql_convert_table_format fails with message "Can't convert cat: Error Incorrect information in file: './test/cat.frm' "
With the --force option, it fails on all tables.

Finally I decided to install a MySQL 4.0.x server on another machine, to try to dump the data an structure on this machine and reimport it into the new server.

This machine is running Ubuntu Linux, which installed a MySQL 4.0.23 server. The trouble is that I got the same error messages in that insatllation! Additionnaly, I saw some messages telling something like "No fields found in table blabla"

My conclusion is that it is not an incompatible server version which causes my troubles. But what then ??

I would be really grateful about any hint how to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot for your help.

JJ Mouris
Luxembourg

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Error 1033 after reinstallation
December 13, 2005 04:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.