MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Jobs

Immediate Consulting Opportunity
Posted by: Michael Parvin
Date: March 30, 2005 10:17AM

Hello,
My name is Mike Parvin I’m a senior recruiter with Softworld Inc., I have a client in the metro Boston area looking for a Senior MySQL consultant.

Our client is looking for a talented MySQL guru, with extensive demonstrated ability, to perform an exhaustive analysis of current MySQL usage as well as provide proposals to address issues uncovered during the analysis. The person will interact with members of various technology groups to analyze where performance, scalability, load balancing and development bottlenecks are, and will provide a course of action to resolve/alleviate the bottlenecks.

Responsibilities:

- Work with members of the relevant technology groups (development, QA, Operations) to understand the architecture and design.

- Work with leads and directors to understand the main objectives of the company with regards to MySQL database usage.

- Perform top-to-bottom analysis of current MySQL deployment in production (database, storage, networking and SQL coding).

- Perform analysis of proposed changes to the MySQL deployment in production.

- Provide a detailed report of current and potential bottlenecks in the systems, based on current usage as well as proposed usage to support the company's upcoming new products, as well as proposals to resolve/alleviate those issues.

- Provide a summary high-level report, which contains cost and performance analysis of proposals, to be used to drive business decisions.

Kind regards,
Mike

Michael Parvin
Senior Technical Recruiter
Softworld Inc.
mparvin@softworldinc.com
(781) 466-8882 x18 (voice)
(781) 466-8885 (fax)
(877) 899-1166 x 18 (toll free)
www.softworldinc.com

Boston, Dallas, New York, Washington DC

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Immediate Consulting Opportunity
March 30, 2005 10:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.