MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PostgreSQL

migrating mysql++ to postgres
Posted by: Qadeer Ghouri
Date: January 04, 2011 01:34AM

I have been assigned a task of migrating mysql++ to postgres by creating a Data Access Layer between the C++ application and the database it is interacting with. I haven't done anything like this ever before so I am totally a novice. These are the exact wordings of my Boss.

"transition of the system from MySQL to postgres, better would be to make the database connection abstract completely, so if a client decides to buy it and connect it to an oracle database, we don't care."

The program currently uses simple queries like:

query << "delete from " << MN << "import";

query << "load data local infile '" << impFile << "' into table " << MN << "import fields terminated by ','";

query << "select count(distinct SLIP), count(distinct SLP_ID) from " << MN << "import";

query << "select TRAD from " << MN << "import where SLIP =" << clslip;

There are no joins etc anywhere involved in the current application and above are the only queries used in the application that are to be converted to postgres.

I am in real trouble .. Please Help me out . i be greatful to you.
regards,
A.Q.Ghouri

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
migrating mysql++ to postgres
January 04, 2011 01:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.