MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  PostgreSQL

Postgre Challenge (postgreSQL to mYsql both working together.
Posted by: walter catter
Date: October 10, 2012 02:57AM

Hello all, I'm having a problem planning this idea, obviously exist somewhere. I tried searching here but maybe I inserted the wrong arguments...

I got a postgre v8.3 DB server used only for basic storage like, name, surname, email, comments. This is available only for my intranet, so, access denied from outside.

I need to set up forms using this data but my postgreSQL is old and I can't change it or upgrade it(internal polices...)

I'm planning to rent a cPanel with DB. and use that mYsql as my database server.

BUT I need the data from the older PostgreSQL and I need to keep using the old for my actual old systems.

So, this is the question, can I create the mYsql database to work as a mirror? all the data inserted on PostgreSQL automatically go to mYsql and is ready to use it.

The use of this "new data" is only queries to the database to show the specific fields.

I'm not planning to feed the Database through mYsql, only on PosgreSQL.

Can I do that?, do you have the any help for this?

Much appreciated.

Let me know if it is not clear.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Postgre Challenge (postgreSQL to mYsql both working together.
October 10, 2012 02:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.