MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  New in 4.1: Subqueries

select broken in MySQL 5.0.x
Posted by: Vasudevan Seshadri
Date: August 30, 2005 01:39AM

Hi

I am working in migrating from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 5.x version and i get the below mentioned issue

I am using the same sql in mysql 4.0.x and i get the desired results.

select distinct ViewToOp.OPERATIONSTYPE, OperationsTT.CHILDOPERATION from ViewToOp, OperationsTT where ViewToOp.VIEWNAME = 'xxx' AND (ViewToOp.OPERATIONSNAME = OperationsTT.PARENTOPERATION OR ViewToOp.OPERATIONSNAME = OperationsTT.CHILDOPERATION);

The tables have the same data in both MySQL 4.x and MySQL 5.0.x but the results returned are different, meaning in 4.x i get all the requested details but in mysql 5.x i get only partial resultset meaning if i get 7/8 rows in mysql 4.x I get only 2 rows in MySQL 5.x

Hope the problem is well explained and i am sure a bug has been introduced in the MySQL 5.0.x versions beta release.

Guys, please let me know if there is a fix for this issue and which release it has been/ will be fixed etc.

Vasudevan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
select broken in MySQL 5.0.x
August 30, 2005 01:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.