MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Memory Storage Engine

Mysql Memory table getting many locks
Posted by: boon m
Date: January 17, 2012 10:56AM

On my site I log every pageview (date, ip, referrer, page, etc) in a simple mysql table.

This table gets 1 SELECT queriy per minute, 1 delete query per minute, no UPDATE queries, but a LOT of INSERTS. (about 300 per second).

This table is never bigger than 200MB.

Today I changed this table from an InnoDB table to a MEMORY table, this made sense to me to prevent unnecessary hard disk IO. I also prune this table once per minute, to make sure it never get's too big. And this information is not very important, so on restart of MySQL it does not matter that it is removed.

--

Performance wise, things are running fine. But I noticed that while running tuning-primer, that my **Current Lock Wait ratio** is quite high using MEMORY table.

Current Lock Wait ratio = 1 : 561

If I change this table to InnoDB the ratio is:

Current Lock Wait ratio = 0 : 78600946

My question: Should I worry about this Lock Wait Ratio? And is there something I can change in my configuration to improve things so that the lock wait ratio isn't so high using MEMORY tables?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Mysql Memory table getting many locks
January 17, 2012 10:56AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.