MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Memory Storage Engine

MEMORY table size or index size limits
Posted by: Adrian Biscoveanu
Date: December 09, 2005 12:31PM

I have a HEAP table that currently has roughly 3.7 million rows. Data length as shown by the Administrator is 2.51 G and the Index length is 57.57M. Our machine has 4G of RAM and I did set the "Big Tables" option and set the "Max heap table size" to 4000M.
I can't insert any more data into this table. The INSERT does not return an error, but it just does not put the data into the table. The tmp_table_size is 33.5M, although I did not find any information that says that this has any effect when using HEAP tables.
If I try to alter the table to specify 5 mil rows however, I do get an error 12 from the storage engine. Adding the table size and index size together, does not seem to put me anywhere near the 4G mem size. By the way, I was able to create a MyISAM table with 5 mil rows using the same my.cnf file without a problem. I don't want to use a disk based table because we need to do on average 60 updates/sec. and it would kill the HDD in no time. Help!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MEMORY table size or index size limits
December 09, 2005 12:31PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.