MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Merge Storage Engine

I Need Serious Help!
Posted by: L Man
Date: June 18, 2008 04:53PM

Hello all, I'm new to MySQL and I am searching for "relevant" information to help me backup my MySQL database.

I have read that there are different ways and types of backups. I am NOT so much interested in backing up user data because in my database there is ONLY test accounts which I have set up. I guess I should be interested in that when I have the site up and running and there are members registering.

My MAIN concern right now is COPYING the database exactly and keeping the tables and parameters intact.

In other words, I want to make an EXACT copy of my database to be used on another hosted account. I paid a company to do some programming for my site and they set up the database for me. Now that I have paid, they said that it will cost me extra if they set up another one for me. I know it's not difficult.

And beside what good would it be if I were to pay someone to do it...? What if I need to do it again and again...it's better that I learn myself.

Again, I know that there are many ways to do it...however, I am ONLY interested in learning how to make an exact duplicate of my current database with all tables and parameters intact.

Thank you so much in advance.

L-Man

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
I Need Serious Help!
June 18, 2008 04:53PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.