MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Custom Storage Engines

internally used 3 or 4 byte
Posted by: alberto jeeni
Date: September 17, 2012 08:09AM

We have a data store that is optimized for large scan and aggregation. Real simple example would be 'select Country, Sku, sum(Qty) from sales group by Country, Sku'. In addition to our storage format we have algorithms that use knowledge of that format to do the fast on demand aggregation. Right now the users interact with the data via a custom report type interface. We would like to add a SQL front end to the data store with out losing our aggregation strength. sons of anarchy season 5 episode 2

With out having looked into it, I am assuming that the interface between the sql engine and the storage engine is table based. That is the storage engine will return data to the sql engine as rows (I am sure this a simplification, the point being it is table oriented). watch the dark knight rises online The sql engine then does it's processing of the data (filtering, join, aggregating, etc...).

My question is does the api allow a 'push down' of the aggregation info so that the storage engine can return the data already aggregated? watch the expendables 2 online

if you mean DOS Kamenicky (aka keybcs2) or DOS Latin2 (aka cp852),
then MySQL does support both of them.
watch ted online
Otherwise, you can add your character set.
Starting from 4.1, it is to be done this way:

You need to edit:

/usr/local/mysql/share/charsets/exotic.xml
(by the way, what's its real name?)
watch horror movies online
Use say latin2.xml as an example.
You need to define these tables:
- Unicode mapping,
- lower and upper conversion
- ctype
- and sort order
basketball wives la season 2 episode 2

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
internally used 3 or 4 byte
September 17, 2012 08:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.