MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Re: Stored procedures - Good or Bad?
Posted by: Suresh Nimbalkar
Date: May 03, 2007 11:05AM

I find stored procedures extremely useful. I am new person to database programming and to MySQL. The simplicity of MySQL ensured that I write a full fledged routine with 12-15 stored procedures running into 1000's of lines quite easily.

However, I guess the current procedures are not faultless. I am stuck in the current program in one stored procedure where the PHP (which is used to call various stored procedures depending on user requirement i.e. branching) shows a blank page without any error message. I tried getting around the problem quite a lot but failed repeatedly. I am unable to move forward. That's when I decided to move to PostgreSQL. However, it is quite demanding for a newcomer like me and not so fast and robust. Hence I am sticking to MySQL with the hope that one day the problem would get resolved. I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
March 07, 2007 03:35PM
Re: Stored procedures - Good or Bad?
May 03, 2007 11:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.