MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Stored Procedures

Adding new sproc to the exisiting database using connectors?
Posted by: Ivan Evstegneev
Date: June 27, 2015 05:14PM

Hello everyone,

Just a little explanation needed.

While "sproc" is a main word in my title, still my question will touch some adjacent things, my apologies for that.

The project I'm currently working on is mostly pythonic, by this reason I'll likely use mysqldb python connector or sqlalchemy.

The question arose when I've tried to find out the way of adding new sproc to my database via those connectors. I've found a dozens of examples of how to call an existing sprocs from a database but none of how to actually add (create) a new one by them.

I kept on googling and have found text() construct in sqlalchemy, this one enables me to write raw sql code, so IMO, can be used for adding a new sproc to the exsting db.

Generelly speaking there always is a direct way to do so by using mysql shell or workbench editor. But how can this task be achieved with mysqldb python connector(if at all)? Is it a good/weird practice to add new sproc that way?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ivan.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Adding new sproc to the exisiting database using connectors?
June 27, 2015 05:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.