MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

Trigger Already Exists error from old database
Posted by: Randi Logsdon
Date: August 31, 2006 11:24AM

I have a database design with many triggers. I read that you have to drop the trigger before dropping a table or else i run into Trigger Already Exists error when I try to create it again, regardless if its given a new name. I didn't know I had to drop triggers before dropping the database.
Created database with tables, triggers. dropped entire database. recreated new database, same name or different name. tried to run the source script that recreates the tables and triggers. Error: Trigger already exists. Trigger is not in the new database. No .trn file for it. Not in .trg. Not displayed in show. Happened before when I dropped the table before dropping the trigger also. Doesn't matter if I change the trigger name or even if i change the trigger code. The old database is gone so I can't drop it.
Is there a workaround to this problem? Version is 5.0.20a-nt.
thanks!

Interesting update: I just got this error 1359 Trigger Already Exists for a trigger that had never been created or entered into the database before (not even the one that was deleted), for a table that never had triggers before. Something odd, I hope there's a workaround.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2006 04:09AM by Randi Logsdon.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Trigger Already Exists error from old database
August 31, 2006 11:24AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.