MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

need to write trigger which will update 3-4 table
Posted by: aaron_sandy
Date: July 05, 2005 08:00AM

Hi!
I am a new bie with MSSQL.I need to write trigger which will update 3-4 table ,with relevant records.The sceneriao is as under.We have 2 databases server.We have set up the replication successfully with these 2 servers for database A .One is the master (MYSQL 4.1) on linux and the second one is slave(MYSQL 5.0) on windows.
Now on the slave server we have a another db B which consist of 5 tables.We need to fire a trigger to insert,update,delete records into these 5 tables every time data is replicated to slave.The problem is that not the entire record is to be inserted from the replicated table.Only few coloumns is to be iserted,say col1,col5 , col9 to be inserted in table1;col1,col3,col8 to be insrted in table2 ;col 3,col6,col7 in table3 and so on.I am wondering how to achive this.Please help me in this .Its really very urgent.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
need to write trigger which will update 3-4 table
July 05, 2005 08:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.