MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

Re: update trigger to query before inserting into new database
Posted by: William Peterson
Date: June 26, 2007 09:24AM

Oh my goodness!! You are BRILLIANT!!!! I reallllly can't thank you enough!! The shopping cart I am working with is in PERL and I don't know PERL. I needed that info to get put into my database so that it can be worked with over there. I was super impressed to find out about triggers but I was stuck trying to get them to work. You have impressed me :) I am amazed at how fast you came up with the answers. :) Thank you sooo much, William. You have helped me beyond words.

I have just one more question and I know this is the wrong forum to be asking but.. Do you know php? I have a slight problem. The PERL based shopping cart hashes the customers password using HCE_MD5. PHP 4 has sort of an equivellent to this hashing which can be downloaded called HCEMD5.php. The problem is, I don't know what to do with it. I don't see how I pass the password value to it and have it check my database and say if it is acceptable or not.
The reason I am trying to do this is so that customers only have to sign up once (through the shopping cart) and I can write a mysql trigger to pass the username/password into my database so they can log in using the same username and password. I don't know if you are able to help me with that or not. No worries if you can't because the part you helped me with today was the hardest objective and I could not have done it on my own. Thanks again so much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.