MySQL Forums :: Triggers :: How to Synchronize two Tables which exist in Separate mySQL Databases (one is Drupal DB) of the same host?

Advanced Search

How to Synchronize two Tables which exist in Separate mySQL Databases (one is Drupal DB) of the same host?
Posted by: t v ()
Date: March 06, 2008 07:25AM

I have just installed drupal which uses a mysql database called "drupal". My application is composed by a number of php pages and a mysql database.

What I am trying to do is to integrate my existing php/mysql web application into drupal, but keep my previous database (called "thedb") separate from "drupal", because I don't like the idea of depending on drupal CMS, even if it is a great software.
The problem has to do with synchronizing the common in both databases "users" table.

Every user should first login the system in order to use the application. How can I synchronize the "users" table which is common in both databases but contains some different columns in each, so that a user can be recognized both from drupal and my application at once and also keep both databases updated and synchronized? The only common fields exist in "users" table, all the rest tables are different. I am sure that it can be done by a simple SQL command in phpMyAdmin.. Is that correct?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How to Synchronize two Tables which exist in Separate mySQL Databases (one is Drupal DB) of the same host? 10283 t v 03/06/2008 07:25AM
Re: How to Synchronize two Tables which exist in Separate mySQL Databases (one is Drupal DB) of the same host? 5079 akhil tyagi 03/06/2008 11:48PM
Re: How to Synchronize two Tables which exist in Separate mySQL Databases (one is Drupal DB) of the same host? 4197 Roger Pack 08/18/2008 12:11PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.