MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

ERROR 1142 (42000): TRIGGER command denied to user
Posted by: Alex Matthews
Date: October 15, 2013 05:14AM

I am unable to create triggers using any user other than root. I have attempted to enable all privileges both via Navicat and via the MySQL command line. I've even gone as far as enabling table specific privileges.

When I try the following command using the root user it works...

create trigger trg1 before insert on members for each row set @a:=memberid.a;

... but using another user, with 'SUPER' set, I get the following error: -

ERROR 1142 (42000): TRIGGER command denied to user 'ucac_joomla_v2'@'localhost' for table 'members'

I am using a local database installed on Windows 7.

*****MYSQL VERSION******

Server version: 5.5.13 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

*****SHOW GRANTS FOR USER******

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR 'ucac_joomla_v2'@'localhost';
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for ucac_joomla_v2@localhost
|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON *.* TO 'ucac_joomla_v2'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWOR
D '*20A2A8935ED57D3B66D540F0937F952A5BD87C76' |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES, EXECUTE, CREATE VIEW, SHOW VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE ON `ucac_joomla_v2`
.* TO 'ucac_joomla_v2'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION |

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
ERROR 1142 (42000): TRIGGER command denied to user
October 15, 2013 05:14AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.