MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Triggers

Re: mySQL trigger on record that creates a new table
Posted by: Michael Fayol
Date: June 12, 2020 01:09PM

The general issue is that each record/table will vary in size and leave a lot of Null. Each table will have anywhere from 30-500 records, for anywhere from 6 to 48 months.

I was thinking of using the primary table as the centerpiece of a m:m relationship as there will be more tables that are reference tables.

Basically the user would fill out: Company Name, Location, # of Months, and start date.

I would use Co Name as the key relationship, and create column(s) for # of Months where an initial value is inputted (x) and then later on can be updated (y) while retaining that initial value. Displaying x of y and be able to query discrepancies between x & y.

Lol - I am not sure this explanation helps or hurts my case. I am guessing that although the queries may be more complicated this would help with perf and organization... but maybe not. I am just prototyping ideas at the moment and looking for general help/ideas as I reacclimate myself with SQL and Access (instead of excel and pivot tables).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: mySQL trigger on record that creates a new table
June 12, 2020 01:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.