MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

large script logging and issues
Posted by: brandon broschinsky
Date: April 29, 2009 02:46PM

I have a large sql script that I am running from the mysql console. This script has about 2.2 million rows that it is doing inserts for. So basically I have two million lines in the file all calling insert into mytable values(A,B,C,D) values(valA,valB,valC,valD);

The script runs and completes but some some rows are missing from the table. I know this because I can find the rows in my script and get he primary key and run a query and they are not there. I can then run the one insert pulled from the original file and it inserts fine. So my question(s) are is there a way to enable logging that will tell me what failed and the error? I have enabled the logging in the mysql.cnf(I think that's what it's called) and all the log shows are all of the inserts, but no errors.

Also is there any reason a large script like this mike cause problems, and is there a better way to do this import, I'm currently using the source command and running the script?

thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
large script logging and issues
April 29, 2009 02:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.