MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Changes made in one connection does not reveal in another connection at once.
Posted by: huangshuhuai
Date: April 11, 2005 08:07PM

Hi all,

I use many connection and the same as many threads in my server app to gain performance on a multicpu machine.

Firstlly i call "set autocommit=0" and wrap every statements with "start transaction " and "commit". i use mysql_stmt_execute for every statement rather than mysql_real_execute except those that can't be prepared. The version of mysql is 4.1.11 under Debian linux.

In one connection of one THREAD i insert a row into a table. After i got the sucess code and the last insert id, i then do a "select" from another connection in another THREAD with the "last insert id" return by the previous insert . I expect the select can fetch the row that i have just insert , but some time it does and some time it doesn't.

is there any funtion like "mysql_....flush...cache.." to make the changes from one connection to be reveal to the global at once?

Best regards,
Huang Shu Huai

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Changes made in one connection does not reveal in another connection at once.
April 11, 2005 08:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.