MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Merging 2 tables
Posted by: xanvier
Date: May 05, 2005 09:31AM

Hiya, accept my apologies if my question sounds so simple.

Alright, i'm have this database where it has 7 tables. All of these tables have identical columns. However it contains information of different categories. The reason for that is to reduce the mess of having all in one tables.

For one of my process, i need to combine all 7 tables together. Now, i have been searching high and low for a non-destructive method whereby i can stack all the tables' information into just one table. But what i see are things like JOIN that i can't use as i'm not joining tables through columns contain datas of the same domains.

Geez...can anyone kindly enlighten me?

Ok, for a better visualisation -

table01
------------------------------------------------------
prod_ID || type_ID || prod_name || prod_img

table02...table07
same as table 01

Now, i wanna "stack" all the datas from table 01 - 07 together but NOT join them as i want all the datas.

Within each tables, the type_ID shall be identical. Eg. table01 - All of the type_ID will be "001" whereas table02 - All of the type_ID will be "005"

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Merging 2 tables
May 05, 2005 09:31AM
May 05, 2005 08:31PM
May 05, 2005 09:40PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.