MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Keep track of table changes
Posted by: Chris Hoffman
Date: May 08, 2005 07:07PM

Hello:

I am reletively new to the MySQL scene, and I just had a question concerning change-logging. Basically, I am trying to come up with a weblogging system that uses Perl, XML/XSLT, and MySQL to generate content. I want to have all the necessary XML files as updated as possible with new information from MySQL, but I don't want to have to generate these XML files on-the-fly everytime they are needed.

Therefore, I require some way of doing a quick query on the table the XML draws it's data from, just to see if there have been any modifications. I am concerned not only with additions or deletions, but also with modifications of existing records, so a simple num_rows function wouldn't cut it. Is there any feature in MySQL that keeps track of when a table has been changed in any way, and perhaps stores the most recent change date? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Keep track of table changes
May 08, 2005 07:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.