MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Administrator stopped MySQL Server
Posted by: rick emmet
Date: May 15, 2005 02:08PM

Hello,
I installed MySQL 4.1 on my Windows XP Pro system and started using it with the command line client. I didn’t like that and downloaded MySQL Administrator (I have yet to download the MySQL Query Browser). I went to the online documentation and I came to the section on configuration and noted that the de-bug component was not enabled. I clicked on it to enable it and a window popped up that said I could use the Stop/Start Service feature so that the component would take effect.

I clicked on Stop Service and the Administrator stopped the MySQL Sever, but when I clicked on the Start Service I got a message saying that the service could not be started. I recycled the computer and no change. I went to Services in the Administrative Tools and attempted to start MySQL Sever, but that would work either. Can someone tell me how to get MySQL Sever running again? I’ve spent the whole day on the web looking for answers and can’t find anything useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ricke

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Administrator stopped MySQL Server
May 15, 2005 02:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.