MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Help!!! Blank page when running php5 to mysql 4.0.21, but no error???
Posted by: kerr avon
Date: May 18, 2005 11:05AM

Hi all,
I am runing XP home edition and I have installed mysql 4.0.21, apache 2.0.52 and php5.02 from the book PHP,MYSQL and Apache all in one by Julie C. meloni.

Everything is working fine upto the point where a php script is used to connect to a database. When I run such a script all that I get is a blank page not the output as described on the various pages of the book. I have looked at several posts on the net
with simular problems tried the fixes nothing it still happens.

I have even gone to the lengths of install later and earlier versions of mysql and the outcome is the same. below is a couple of the scripts from the book

1: <?php
2: $conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "joeuser", "somepass");
3: echo $conn;
4 ?>

according to the book after inserting my username and password, i save the script access it via the web server and I should see an output like

Resource id #1

I have also used another script out of the book that accesses a database called testDB abd then creates a table called testTable, When this script is run, again the output is a blank page. If I use mysql from the command line and connect to the testDB and run SHOW TABLES; there are no tables created.

I hope this explanation isnt too long winded for you, not sure how much info to give you or not. This problem has me tearing my hair out any help will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

regards
kerravon

email:kerravon@blueyonder.co.uk

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Help!!! Blank page when running php5 to mysql 4.0.21, but no error???
May 18, 2005 11:05AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.