MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MySQL scripting/triggers
Posted by: Robert Phillips
Date: May 24, 2005 07:42AM

Hello,

I've recently started to develop a website that will use MySQL 4.1 as its background database. I am trying to use a number of pre-coded PHP scripts to setup various parts of the website. I would like all the usernames and passwords for the different scripts to be kept in sync, but they all use different user tables.

Ideally I would like to modify the different user tables so that when a user updates his/her password in one PHP script the same username will have it's password updated in all the other user tables. Normally under Oracle I would do this using a combination of PL/SQL and triggers, but neither of these options are available in MySQL 4.1.

Has anyone encountered this kind of situation before? How did you get around it? Have I missed something obvious (hence my posting in the newbie section!)?

I want to avoid changing the PHP source code for the scripts if at all possible so that future upgrades are not too much of a pain. ;-)

Any help or advice would be most appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MySQL scripting/triggers
May 24, 2005 07:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.