MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Is there some way to fake row priledges?
Posted by: Joshua Grass
Date: June 04, 2005 12:22AM

Thanks for the grant info, I didn't realize from the docs that you needed the ().

I still have a hard time believing that MySql would have a better solution then this. I mean seriously, this problem must have come up hundreds of times before now. Frankly, my opinion of MySql would really go down if there wasn't a solution to the problem.

Wouldn't the union solution mean that I would have to specifiy every table in the query, meaning that the query string would be absolutely enormous.

I refuse to believe that MySql is such a piece of crap that their isn't a solution for this problem.

What about something along the lines of:

update data=x where login=y and password=z

and we store the login and password in the table, so only someone with the login and password would be able to do an update. Is there a way to a) not allow wild cards (so someone can wreck the table) and b) prevent them from seeing the contents of the password row?

Again, I can't belive that there isn't a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help,
Joshua Grass

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Is there some way to fake row priledges?
June 04, 2005 12:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.