MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Question on Database size
Posted by: leo d
Date: June 09, 2005 05:52PM

Hi together,

i recently created a messageboard in .php using a MySQL database. Now what happened was that i didnt think well and deep enough before coding, so now the board is coded that way:

. There is a general board-listing table. All boards in the forum are stored in there. For every board created, a MySQL-table is created and it's name stored in the general board table.

. The table that is created along with the board, contains the data for the topics, as well as a reference to the appropriate topic table.

. The topic table contains the posts of the topic.

---

This all means that there will be a seperate mysql table for every board and for every topic.

Now this means that there will be a lot of tables because there will be a lot of postings and topics.

Therefore my question is: is it a problem, or sort of slowing MySQL down if there is a lot of tables in a database?

---

Would be very kind if i get some answer here : )

Thank you very much.

Leo

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Question on Database size
June 09, 2005 05:52PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.