MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Easy Term
Posted by: Mike Cornelison
Date: June 17, 2005 04:21PM

The book I'm working on assumes you're accessing your database locally, so the examples of logging in through mysql monitor are pretty easy to follow but I need to access my database remotely through my webhost.

I'm able to create and edit and query my db through mySqlAdmin, but it's slow and I'd really like to figure out how to access my db through a terminal.

I downloaded Easy Term 4.3 and all it asks is for host and port.

For the host I've tried things such as . . .

http://mysql.mydomain.com

(No, I didn't copy "mydomain" from the book exactly like that . . . )

For the port, someone told me try 3306, that's the standard. I also tried 2083 because that shows up on my URL in the Address Bar when I'm in phpMyAdmin.

None of it's working.

I'm also confused by the fact that when I use an FTP program, I can't find my database anywhere, even though from the Control Panel, the path to the database is listed as

/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

which is quite a confusing looking path if you ask me and I don't see a /usr folder anywhere from the root down . . .

Obviously, I'm confused about a lot of things regarding making a terminal connection, so any help will be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Easy Term
June 17, 2005 04:21PM
June 17, 2005 04:22PM
June 18, 2005 11:31AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.