MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Why cant I make myOLEdb work?
Posted by: steve richards
Date: June 27, 2005 05:55AM

Hi,
I've recently made an intranet application that allows teachers to book available computer suites for lessons. The data is stored in a mySQL database and I'm using myOLEdb for the connection.
I've installed myOLEdb3.exe in E:\program files\myoledb and mySQL is installed in E:\MySQL on the intranet server and mysql is installed on the same machine.

I've created a MY.CNF file in the root of C: and there is also a my.ini in WINNT both of which point to the correct base and data directory for mySQL.

When I attempt to run the application I get an exception that includes the message "'MySQLProv' provider is not registered on the local machine." even though myoledb has been installed.

When I try to run the 'sample database creator' that comes with the myOLEdb installation it reports that "An error has occurred" but doesn’t give any more information.
Please can you help me by providing some information as to what might be stopping the driver from working correctly, I'm really eager to make this work as I've got plans to really expand the functionality provided by the school intranet and using MySQL to store data is a must!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Steve Richards

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Why cant I make myOLEdb work?
June 27, 2005 05:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.