MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Personal Server - values for phpMyAdmin (MySQL Host/username?)
Posted by: Aiden Rigby
Date: July 01, 2005 07:10PM

Hiya!

This one may require some explaining. I'm using a "normal" computer, a Compaq Presario SR1103WM to me exact. I just installed MySQL version 4.1.12a for Windows (32 bit), and i'm trying to get phpMyAdmin to work, in the config.inc.php file, around lines 77-86, it asks for the following:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL control user settings
// (this user must have read-only
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = ''; // access to the "mysql/user"
// and "mysql/db" tables).
// The controluser is also
// used for all relational
// features (pmadb)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = ''; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // MySQL password (only needed
// with 'config' auth_type)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['only_db'] = ''; // If set to a db-name, only
// this db is displayed in left frame
// It may also be an array of db-names, where sorting order is relevant.

I was wondering what or where I can find the values, i've tried every program that comes with my "MySQL" in the bin directory, and i've also tried to reinstall it various times. I've also checked other posts and they didn't help, so I was wondering exactically what these mean, and where I can find them. If you need any more information or if I didn't make something clear, then please say so!

Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Personal Server - values for phpMyAdmin (MySQL Host/username?)
July 01, 2005 07:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.