MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

mysql-devel
Posted by: scherukuri
Date: July 07, 2005 09:03AM

I am trying to install Postfix on a Sun SPARC Solaris 9 server. I am not sure whether it is essential or not but still installed MySQL on that server and it is running fine.Now when I am trying to run the make command as a part of installation of Postfix, it reports the following error.

# make
set -e; for i in src/util src/global src/dns src/tls src/master src/postfix src/smtpstone src/sendmail src/error src/pickup src/cleanup src/smtpd src/local src/lmtp src/trivial-rewrite src/qmgr src/oqmgr src/smtp src/bounce src/pipe src/showq src/postalias src/postcat src/postconf src/postdrop src/postkick src/postlock src/postlog src/postmap src/postqueue src/postsuper src/qmqpd src/spawn src/flush src/verify src/virtual src/proxymap src/anvil src/scache src/discard src/tlsmgr; do \
(set -e; echo "[$i]"; cd $i; make 'CC=gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/mysql/include/mysql -Dstrcasecmp=fix_strcasecmp -Dstrncasecmp=fix_strncasecmp' update MAKELEVEL=) || exit 1; \
done
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/mysql/include/mysql -Dstrcasecmp=fix_strcasecmp -Dstrncasecmp=fix_strncasecmp -g -O -I. -I../../include -DSUNOS5 -c dict_mysql.c
dict_mysql.c:173:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
dict_mysql.c:198: parse error before "MYSQL"
dict_mysql.c:198: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
dict_mysql.c:206: parse error before '}' token
dict_mysql.c:206: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
dict_mysql.c:210: parse error before "HOST"
dict_mysql.c:210: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dict_mysql.c:731: warning: `plmysql_dealloc' was used with no prototype before its definition
dict_mysql.c: In function `plmysql_dealloc':
dict_mysql.c:734: `PLDB' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [dict_mysql.o] Error 1
make: *** [update] Error 1
#

Upon searching on the net, I guess it is due to the non availability of mysql-devel which may or may not be included with in the installation from mysql's website. I am sorry if at all I am not correct.

Can you pl let me know the solution for the above issue and if not from where mysql-devel can be downloaded? I searched for mysql-devel on the net and no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
mysql-devel
July 07, 2005 09:03AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.