MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: blank password when restarting the machine
Posted by: hana
Date: July 10, 2005 06:39AM

Thanks for your reply.

Q1:
But the problem is not just when I try to log in with the root account. I have several regular user accounts created. They just have SELECT, INSERT, and UPDATE privileges. And the host is "%", not "localhost". When I tried to login to the MySQL Administrator with those regular user accounts and blank/wrong password after restarting my machine, it still allows access. What should be causing this problem?

Q2:
And for the root account, I have root@localhost only, not root@%. I dropped the root@% a while ago using different SQL statement than what you recommended above. (DELETE USER from user WHERE user='root' AND host='%';) Could this be a problem?

Q3:
Should I change the host to localhost only (not %) for these regular user accounts? What is the recommended practice when creating a user account? If I want regular users using different computers have privileges to SELECT and INSERT into the database, can the host be "localhost" or must the host be "%"?

Any of your advices is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: blank password when restarting the machine
July 10, 2005 06:39AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.