MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: error 1170 / BLOB column 'caption' used in key specification without a key length
Posted by: michael worden
Date: July 14, 2005 02:25AM

Thank you for your response. I am sorry about the varchar(255) references but this is a large piece of software called coppermine photogallery.

I am new to Mysql so forgive me if I am a bit slow. I think I am not correctly making the corrections you suggested.

If I drop the keyword delcaration on the last line, the database does load but I was not able to repair the keyword line.

When I made the keyword line like this:
, KEY search (title, caption(200), keywords, filename, user1, user2, user3, user4)

I get this message:
ERROR 1064 at line 1968: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(200) text NOT NULL,
keywords varchar(255) NOT NULL,
approved enum('YES','' at line 18

When I made the column insert like this:
caption(200) text NOT NULL,

I get this message:
ERROR 1064 at line 1968: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '(200) text NOT NULL,
keywords varchar(255) NOT NULL,
approved enum('YES','' at line 18

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: error 1170 / BLOB column 'caption' used in key specification without a key length
July 14, 2005 02:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.