MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Before I thrown my &*%$*! machine out of the window......
Posted by: Andy Wright
Date: July 15, 2005 02:55AM

I'm totally new to this mySQL thing (formerly an MSAccess person - no comment).

This is what happened:
Downloaded mySQL 4.1 but realised there is no front end GUI to it.
Dowloaded phpMyAdmin (after reading about it). Followed the instructions to the letter and got this error:

cannot load mysql extension;
please check PHP configuration

Looked at the documentation and read this bit....

To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Errrr....now I'm totally lost. I searched for the aforementioned files to no avail but I thought that by downloading mySQL and phpMyAdmin and following instructions as carefully as I understood them everything would be fine....

Guess not....

I'm using Windows 2000 and till be using ASP & Dreamweaver MX if this information will also help.

So to sum up....Yes I'm new to the technology and no I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong.
Can anyone help please.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Before I thrown my &*%$*! machine out of the window......
July 15, 2005 02:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.