MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

MyIsam v Innodb
Posted by: conor meegan
Date: July 25, 2005 02:01AM

I am working with a test database. Originally the tables were all innodb. I have a number of queries involving and I had performed a certain amount of optimisation to ensure that the queries were using the correct indexes and were not performing a table scan.

I then changed the table type to MyIsam because I wanted to speed up the application and I do not require that the database is transaction-safe. However when I ran the same EXPLAIN on the exact same queries as before, I noticed that the queries were going to take significantly longer to run, depsite the fact that they were still going to use the correct indexes.

I have reviewed the documentation and cannot find anything of this nature. I was totally surprised because I expected MYISAM to speed up the queries. I am obviously missing something here. Can anybody please help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MyIsam v Innodb
July 25, 2005 02:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.