MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Ноw better to store large number of flags?
Posted by: web leaf
Date: November 05, 2010 03:06AM

Sorry for my english. I have used translater ;)

Good day!
I need to keep objects large number of flags (100, 200, but we assume that 500).
Objects are of two types. For one, made on a sample exposed to the flags (ie, you must select all the objects that have certain flags set). For other types of objects makes the sample, where it is important to certain flags have been reset.
It is assumed the table very rare (sparse) (ie, zeros are much more than units).
The same flag can be divided into groups. Usually, one object will not contain the flags of more than 1-3 groups.
And the most important sample of objects should be as fast as possible (this condition determines the choice of form of storage, everything else is not important).
Until that was done as follows: for each group has its own flag and table, respectively, for the sample did JOIN only those tables in which the flags of interest to me. And it is not sure it's the fastest option.
But it was necessary to make a sample for the missing flags. And here I thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 04:01AM by web leaf.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Ноw better to store large number of flags?
November 05, 2010 03:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.