MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

cannot upload large .sql database file to newly installed mysql using mysqldump in windows 7 <new mysql user>
Posted by: Eric Heisman
Date: August 07, 2011 01:54AM

Welcome to Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers — check out the FAQ!
Stack Exchange

Stack Overflow

Questions
Tags
Users
Badges
Unanswered

Ask Question

Title
Questions with similar titles
How can I load a mysqldump .sql file to a MySQL database in Windows Vista (3)
mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy to backup large MySQL database? (4)
Mysqldump create empty sql file? [php & mysql on Windows] (4)
How to dump a database using mysql (no mysqldump on server) (6)
Using a MySQL database on Windows Phone 7? (1)
Import large MySQL .sql file on Windows with Force (1)
backup mysql database in php using mysqldump (3)
Mysql Windows “mysqldump -t” restore (1)
How to execute large MySql data-insert script file using command line in Windows 7? (2)
What's the quickest way to dump & load a MySQL InnoDB database using mysqldump? (5)
using mysqldump to restore database to mysql located on another computer (5)
Import large csv file to mysql database using php (2)
MySQL upload CSV file as new table (1)
consuming mySQL database with windows phone 7 (1)
How to export full mysql database with php script…? Problem in using 'mysqldump' (1)
How do we upload a file to mysql database using php (3)
Uploading large csv file into mysql database (1)
MySQL: creating a new user/trying to access the database (2)
connect python to mysql database on windows 7 (1)
How do I upload a new Mysql database of tables? (2)
Upload file to SQL database using classic ASP (8)
Problem with restoring MySQL database - mysqldump question (2)
font list as reported by IE on a newly installed Windows 7 box?
forgot password to mysql database installed on windows, database is production, is it safe to reset? (2)
Upload file to mySQL Database. Help with code (3)

Links
Images
Styling/Headers
Lists
Blockquotes
Code
HTML
advanced help »

draft saved

Hi - I've checked through tons of forums and cannot seem to fix this. I need to upload a large database dump file (.sql) to mysql so that I can begin using the database as a key component of a website build project. I've tried various methods and I've been unsuccessful with all. First I tried to upload via phpmyadmin with no avail (it seems the file is too big). So I downloaded mysql and have begun learning cmd prompts (before I did that I tried to import from disk and from Dump Project Folder in MySQL Workbench - I received errors no matter where I put the file, e.g. in the MySQL Server 5.5\bin folder or the folder where I originally had it C:\Program Files\my project\test.sql - errors included "ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 22: No database selected"). Regarding command prompts, I've set up MySQL in environment variables path and when I enter:

mysql> source c:/program files/mysql/mysql server 5.5/bin/test.sql

The cmd freaks out and starts producing lines and lines of ERROR 1046 (...) then after a few minutes of producing lines it says Query OK, 0 rows affected <0.00 sec> for about 10 lines then returns to the "mysql>" prompt. I thought the fact that my file began with "g" may have been the problem so I changed it to start with "t" and it did the same thing. That seems to be the closest I've managed to come to accessing this file. I've been trying for months now. I really need to get into this file and I'm at a loss. Can someone please help?? Let me know if you want me to describe some of the other things I've done with cmd prompts. (btw, this is my first post - kinda digging this development stuff!) Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.