MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
Posted by: sachin gupta
Date: December 15, 2011 01:38PM

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to MySQL server running on windows 2003 server from my windows 7 box. I am getting following error when trying to connect using command prompt. Below is my command..
mysql --host=<hostName of windows 2003 server> --user=perfTester --password=<password>;

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'perfTester'@'<hostname of windows 7>' (using password: YES).

I also tried to login as root and getting same error.

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'<hostname of windows 7>' (using password: YES).

I already granted all the privileges to perfTester and root on MySQL server (windows 2003 server).
Below is the output from windows 2003 server.

mysql> SELECT user, host, Grant_priv FROM mysql.user;
+------------+-----------+------------+
| user | host | Grant_priv |
| root | localhost | Y |
| perfTester | % | Y |
| perfTester | localhost | N |

I also checked that the port 3306 is open by doing telnet <hostname of windows 2003 server> 3306 and get follwoing..
J
5.5.182>Re#{fm☻ǧkIjX\C{dcEnzmysql_native_password

and when I verified by doing netstat -an on windows 2003 that i am able to establish the connection. Also I am able to connect to MySQL on windows 2003 using Toad for MySQL from Windows 7 box. I am not able to connect using command prompt.

Thanks in advance,
Sachin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
December 15, 2011 01:38PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.