MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Triggers & sProcs
Posted by: Jeffry Proctor
Date: June 29, 2012 09:40AM

New to MySql very familiar w/MSSQL TSQL...
I'm seeking corrections for my few assumptions...

1. Often w/mssql I've setup business processes that queue/log when certain criteria are met, starting with a trigger field, sometimes query comparison to values stored in configuration tables; calling stored programming (sProcs) to do other comparisons, calculations, update/insert other table/data as a queue/log for processing by either an Sql Job or application program.

2. Can a trigger call many sProcs and can they call additional sProcs where some may cause other triggers (when inserts/updates occur) to fire? If so, what are the limitations?

Here's a somewhat practical example...
Update the Calc field tr_Calc fires, evaluates the record(s) calls the appropriate calculation (there may be many types) which then updates all the calculated fields, some which insert into other tables & fire their triggers to queue alerts or modify other data like a pending action/notice/email for/to a person.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Triggers & sProcs
June 29, 2012 09:40AM
June 29, 2012 11:26AM
June 29, 2012 11:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.