MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Need help with join
Posted by: Stefan Lazic
Date: February 28, 2014 10:53AM

I have this query :

$sql ="SELECT * FROM card c JOIN driver d ON c.referred_as=d.referred_as WHERE d.ID='$id'";

It needs to be updated to include the 3rd table which is a joined table containing the driver and card id's from their respective tables.

Table 1 is called "card" . The fields that are important are:

"state_id" - This table has 3 values (1,2,3)
"associated_driver" - called "referred_as" on driver table // Not actually part of the table . Created by the 3rd table
"referred_as" - called "associated_card" on driver table
Table 2 is called "driver". The fields that are important are:

"ID" - The auto incremented value of the table
"associated_card" - Has a value , normally some number e.g 123555 // Not actually part of the table . Created by the 3rd table
"referred_as" - The name of the driver () called "associated_driver" on card table
Forgot to add this table :

Table 3 is called "card_driver". The fields that are important are:

"driver_id" - The id from the driver table that links to the card
"card_id" - The id from the card table that links to the driver

What i want to happen :

When a user enters their id from the driver table, it will compare a field that both tables have i.e the 'associated card' field (called referred_as on the card table).

The associated card is from the joined table which i dont know how to get into the query.

Any help is welcomed. If you need me to explain it more , i will.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need help with join
February 28, 2014 10:53AM
February 28, 2014 10:25PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.